Most Innovative Company
Criteria: A technology company that has developed or implemented a game-changing technology product or service.
* denotes award winner
Bioptigen is a spin-out of the Duke University Biomedical Engineering Department. Bioptigen was incorporated in North Carolina in August, 2004, to commercialize technologies originating in the laboratories of Professor Joseph Izatt. Bioptigen technology is based on the science of Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), an imaging system similar in function to ultrasound, but using low-power light rather than sound waves. OCT offers resolution 100-times finer than standard ultrasound, suitable for analyzing tissue microstructure with features smaller than 4 micrometer.
Different from CAD, Geomagic’s specific products create 3D content from imaging of real objects and people, verify dimensional quality by comparing master designs to as-built products, and simulate touch sensations in digital environments.
Geomagic software is used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, toys, mold, medical device, surgical simulation, consumer products, arts, heritage, research and education.
Xanofi, based in Raleigh, has developed a completely new, liquid-based nanofiber production platform that greatly increase production and simplifies commercial integration. In just two years, the Xanofi team scaled from test tube to commercial production, and engaged companies around the globe.
The result? Better air filters, quieter cars, more effective bandages, etc. And we’re just getting started!
Varrow’s mission is to provide world-class information solutions and unparalleled service that enable our clients to rapidly and efficiently achieve their goals and objectives.
Our values include:
- We believe in honesty, integrity and character while being focused on the best interests of the client
- We have the highest respect for employees and strive to give them a healthy work-life balance
- We will treat employees and partners fairly with mutual respect and equal regard
- We are willing to tell the client what they need to hear, not what they want to hear
- We require team cooperation and active communication at all levels
- We provide clients unconditional satisfaction with our services
- We strive to be socially responsible for our environment and community
- We will continually recruit passionate team members who are accountable for their actions and are entrepreneurially driven
- We strive to be continually innovative, providing value based solutions to our clients
- We will be fiscally responsible
- We will build long-lasting, healthy relationships with clients, employees and partners
- We will deliver the highest quality solutions to fit our client’s goals and objectives
Gene Autry – Back in the Saddle Again (CHORUS)